Reports to: Project Architect / Principals
Job Captain – San Francisco Job Opening
is an amazing place to work! A dynamic, growing practice, we’re among a very short list of design firms included in the San Francisco Business Times’ List of “Fastest Growing Companies” for 2015. Yet we’re an established practice and leaders in our field, with over 55 years of experience in the design of hotels & resorts, multi-family and mixed-use projects all over the world. Our practice is exciting, fast-paced, creative, challenging and rewarding. We’re brand-driven, design-driven, and people-driven, highly collaborative and communicative – and we’re hiring!
- A 5-year Bachelor or Master’s of Architecture degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years of working in a design, engineering, or construction firm
- Strong Revit skills are required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to be adaptable and work in a collaborative, team environment
- Well organized, efficient, detail-oriented with strong ability to multi-task in order to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and execute them accurately and on time
- Experience in architectural detailing and construction documents.
- MUST live in, or within a commutable distance to, San Francisco, CA 94133
– MUST live in, or within a commutable distance to, San Francisco, CA 94133
– Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Assists PM / PA with project assignments
- Assists in production of plans and specifications
- Reviews and understands assignment and tasks
- Contributes to construction phase (construction administration) services efforts as required
- Provides input to reviews of shop drawings and sample submittals as required
- Provides input for responses to contractor questions, inquiries, RFI’s etc. as required
- Provides input to punch-lists and field observation reports as required
- Compiles data and perform design computations
- Coordinate all aspects of personal project work towards successful completion
We encourage the candidates to pursue the professional license in architecture and will support the IDP process. Interested applicants should submit a resume with examples of both design and construction documentation work along with salary requirements.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter, resume & work samples in PDF format under 10MB to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Reference the Job Title – SF in the subject line.
SB Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here
. SB Architects will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here
SB Architects will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here